Tuesday, May 21, 2019

A New Adventure

It’s finally time for a new adventure. I haven’t been abroad for four years and practically leaped at the first chance I got. I was sitting in my introductory geology class when a professor came in to talk to us about a program she runs in Greece. For a full month, students get to go to Greece, first to Athens and then Santorini, and study the local geology and history of the area. I sent her an email as soon as I could to tell her I was interested. That night, I called my parents and told them about the opportunity. And now, a couple of months later, here I am preparing to go to Greece for the first time. 
I decided I wanted to go on this trip because I knew it would directly play into my future career. I’m not a geology major, but I am an astronomy major and I am most interested in planetary science. Since joining the trip, I decided to add a geology minor because every time I learn something about geology, I’m intrigued and I want to know more. Now, I get to go explore the volcano on Santorini and study geology in a beautiful, new, exciting place. 
I will try to keep this blog as updated as possible with all of my adventures, however I will be in the field six days a week, and exploring as much as I can on the seventh, so I can’t promise a set time and day for new posts, but check back every so often, and hopefully I’ll have some good stories and beautiful pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment