Thursday, May 23, 2019

Airplanes


It wouldn’t be an true adventure without some trouble getting to your final destination.  Currently my ten and a half hour flight from Chicago to Athens is delayed for maintenance. Of course, they don’t tell us what is wrong with the plane, which is probably a good thing for my sanity.  However, my faith was restored when I watched a truck bring the maintenance crew a new roll of duct tape.
It must have worked though, because now they’re loading us on to the plane and the pilots are in the cockpit. The flight ended up being delayed about a half hour, but all things considered, that’s not too bad.
Greece, here I come!


I guess I spoke too soon. It’s now been an hour and a half since our scheduled departure time, and we’re still on the ground. Hopefully soon though, but it looks like they might’ve needed more than the single roll of duct tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment